“Maintenance Info” is probably the most misunderstood and under utilized component in all of BrightSide, probably due to its name. Putting that aside, let’s look at what you can do, and should do, in this tab.
The purpose of the Maintenance Info tab is to help you track miscellaneous, but important, information about each unit. For example, you can create a tracking system for all the appliances in the unit. You can keep track of the brand, serial number, location, color, etc.
Do you want your reservationists to know where the breaker box is located? Do you want to keep up with how many televisions are in the unit, the brands, the sizes, and the serial numbers? How about keeping up with how many air filters are needed, the sizes, and where the returns are located? You can do all this and more in Maintenance Info.
“Bedrooms” is the only default item in maintenance info. Adding the bedrooms, bathrooms, and bed types in this section is critical to your integrations with OTAs. This is where you let them know the specifics of where people sleep, the type of beds they sleep in, and if there is an attached bathroom. OTAs pull this information to display on their websites.
HINT: In the Unit tab, you only enter the NUMBER of bedrooms, full bathrooms, and half bathrooms. This is where you enter the details about each bedroom, i.e.: what type of bed is in each bedroom, which bedrooms have a private bathroom, etc.
- Name: You can choose how you want to name the bedrooms, but give them a name. Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2. etc., works well. If you want to distinguish the primary bedroom from the others, name it accordingly.
- Type: Select from the dropdown whether the room is a bedroom, a studio/loft, or other.
- Private Bath: Tick this box if the room has a private bathroom; one that is accessible only through the bedroom.
- King, Queen, Full, etc.: Enter the number of each type of bed in the room. The example in the screenshot shows the “Master Bedroom” has a king size bed. “Bedroom 2” has a queen size bed, “Bedroom 3” has a twin and a bunk bed.
- Notes: The notes feed out to OTAs, so if you add any notes here, be aware that they are public.
Adding New Maintenance Info Items
Bedrooms is the only default item in Maintenance Info. To add additional items go to: Maintenance > Setup Unit Maintenance Info > +Add. Below are several examples of how you can use the Maintenance Info to keep track of information in each unit.