Policies are critical to allow BrightSide to work as intended. Every channel you utilize, from your company website, to Airbnb, VRBO, or your front office, need the policies to be set here.
HINT: Airbnb, VRBO, and Booking.com will all reference your policies to determine how much of a deposit you require and when balances are due from guests.
Check-In / Check-Out Times
Set the default check-in and check-out times here. This time will show up in your guest letters, website, and a host of other places. You may override this setting in the setup for an individual unit if it has a different check-in and check-out time.
Required Documents for Check-in
- Require Contract for Check-In: require a signed contract before allowing guests to check in.
- Require ID Document for Check-In: require a guest ID document before allowing guests to check in.
- Require CC Imprint for Check-In: require a guest credit card imprint before allowing guests to check in.
Balance Due Policies
You can create a number of balance due policies, depending on your needs. Most property managers use only one for all their properties. However, if you want to have separate balance due policies for various units, set them up here. When you add units/properties in BrightSide, you will choose which of these policies applies to that unit.
- Policy Name: if you have more than one balance due policy, give them a distinguishing name. For example, if you require the balance due 15 days before arrival on some properties, name it “15 Days Before Arrival.” If you have other units requiring the balance due 30 days prior to arrival, name it “30 Days Prior to Arrival”.
- Balance Due: select from the dropdown menu when you want the balance to be paid. You can select from 90 days prior to arrival, at check-in, check-out, or any number of days in between.
HINT: You may apply only one balance due policy to any given unit.
Most management companies use only one deposit policy. However, just like balance due policies, you may create more than one policy if needed.
- Policy Name: if you will have more than one deposit policy, give it a distinguishing name, like 50% Deposit.
- Type: select which method of determining the deposit you want to use. You may choose from Flat Fee, % of Total, % of Charges, and # Nights Rent.
- Amount: enter the deposit amount required according to the method chosen. If you chose Flat fee, enter the amount here. If you chose % of Total, enter the percentage you require; for example, 50.00. For a number of nights rent, enter the number of nights you want to charge up front.
HINT: You may apply only one deposit policy to any given unit. Currently, we do not have a feature allowing for multiple deposits to be made at timed intervals.